What is FinTech Egypt Dialogue?
The first monthly podcast focused on financial technology in Egypt hosted by FinTech Egypt, in collaboration with GIZ Egypt for the aim of highlighting the role of ecosystem stakeholders in building a growing fintech industry, shedding the light on the importance of financial inclusion in emerging markets and building a pipeline of fintech startups in Egypt that can lead the digital transformation ripple effect.
Ahmed Monir, Head of regulatory Sandbox, FinTech & Innovation Unit, CBE
Omar Abdelwahed, Co-founder & CEO of Valify Solutions
Hossam Mahmoud, Moderator, GIZ
What will the FinTech Egypt Dialogue cover?
- Shedding the light on Egypt’s Fintech Landscape and the latest updates of the ecosystem.
- Highlighting Egyptian ecosystem’s actions in advancing the outlook of fintech in Egypt.
- Creating a collaboration platform between Governments, Investors, Startups and Ecosystem enablers.
- Highlining latest FinTech laws, regulations and announcements by Fintech Egypt and CBE.
- Providing FinTech Education to different ecosystem stakeholders.
Webinar #4: The future of Blockchain Innovation in the FinTech space
This webinar will shed the light on importance of blockchain as an enabling technology for financial inclusion and what can be the benefits and challenges behind this trend, as well as explore whether blockchain is something Egyptian financial institutions like banks can benefit from.
Mr. Amr Rashed,
Head of the International Cooperation Dept. at EMLCU
Mr. Ahmed Mansour,
Secretary General of Egypt Post Authority
Mr. Mohamed Taysir,
Head of Business Development of Flare Networks
Dr. Mohamed Elguindy, Information Security Advisor to the Assistant of Prime Minister - IDSC
Episode #1: Into E-KYC regulations and the role of Regulatory Sandbox
- Mr Ahmed Monir, CBE
- Mr Hossam Mahmoud, GIZ
- Mr Omar Abdelwahed, Valify Solutions
Episode #2: Covid19 Innovation Sprint hosted by CBE paving the way to new forms of collaboration
- Dr. Rasha Negm, Assistant Sub-governor Central Bank of Egypt
- Mr. Ramy Taha, Head of Digital Banking and Marketing, Alex Bank, Stephen Deng, Partner at DFS Lab
- Mr Hossam Mahmoud, GIZ
Episode #3: Discovering FinTech Talent Through "FinYology - FinTech for Youth"
- Dr. Lamya El Ayouby, Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship. New Giza University
- Mr Emad Shawky, Head of Digital Factory and Innovation at Banque Misr
- Ms. Laila Eloteifi, Senior Director, Research & Awareness Department, The Egyptian Banking Institute
- Hosam Mahmoud, Advisor for Startup Finance, GIZ
Episode #4: The Future of Blockchain Innovation in the FinTech Space
- Mr. Amr Rashed, Head of the International Cooperation Dep. at EMLCU
- Mr. Ahmed Mansour, Secretary General of Egypt Post Authority
- Mr. Mohamed Taysir, Head of Business Development of Flare Networks
- Dr. Mohamed Elguindy, Information Secretary Advisor to the Assistant of Prime Minister - IDSC