Although many areas of our website do not require registration and may be accessed without having to disclose any Shared Information other than cookies as described hereinafter, we will ask you for certain kinds of Shared Information when creating a personal Fintech Egypt account.
Fintech Egypt collects personal information from individuals in order to deliver services to its members (Banks, Startups, insurance companies, Investors, consulting companies…etc.)
Shared Information is data relating to your identity. This includes, for example, particulars such as your first and last name, mobile phone number email address and company name among other details.
The Fintech Egypt account creation is needed to receive information from Fintech Egypt, submit an innovation, access to the portals libraries, other specific features from portals, register at Fintech Egypt events, download Fintech Egypt report, read some exclusive news and other types of content. To create an account, user has to go to www.fintech-Egypt.com. Your username and password are required to access the exclusive section of these sites.
Your Shared Information is processed in accordance with The Egyptian Laws of data protection and regulations.
We have taken technical and organizational security measures to protect your Shared Information from loss, destruction, manipulation and unauthorized access. All our employees and any third parties involved in data processing must comply with the Egyptian Laws of data protection and regulations. Our security measures are regularly updated in accordance with technological developments.
1. Unless otherwise indicated, the content found on Fintech-Egypt.com is subject to copyright owned by the website.
2. Prior written consent of Fintech Egypt is required if you intend to reproduce, distribute or otherwise use any content (including but not limited to pictures, designs, drawings, diagrams, audio files and video files) found on www.FinTech-Egypt.com in any way or for any purpose. Such requests for consent shall be addressed to via email at email@example.com
3. If you intend to reproduce, distribute or otherwise use any content from any partner website, you shall obtain all necessary permissions from the copyright owners concerned.
3. The processing of data on our website
a) Purposes of the processing of Personal Data
Fintech Egypt collects some personal information from individuals in order to deliver services to its members (Banks, Startups, insurance companies, Investors, consulting companies…etc.)
Personal data pertains to any data submitted by individuals upon registration such as First/Last names, password, company name, company website, phone number…etc.
On the other hand, Shared information pertains to any user-generated content that is submitted on the portal, mainly News, Jobs and similar content that is shared by registered users.
Information that Fintech Egypt stores is aimed to deliver our mission as an independent FinTech hub driven by innovation and technology that acts as a unified platform to foster & connect all FinTech ecosystem stakeholders in Egypt, including startups, financial institutions, regulators, service providers, mentors and investors.
b) Data transmission and recording for statistical purposes
Your internet browser transmits data to our web server when you access our website. The data collected includes the date and time of access, URL of the referring website, name of the accessed file, browser type and version, operating system and IP address ("access data"). Access data is stored separately from other data you enter when using our website. Access data is evaluated for statistical purposes.
c) Payment information
Registration forms that include credit cards numbers are destroyed after performance of the corresponding obligation.
Online payment is secured: SSL protocol.
The content of a permanent cookie is limited to an identification number. Name, IP address or other information regarding your true identity are not stored, and we do not set up any individual profiles regarding your pattern of use. Permanent cookies are automatically deleted. Storage duration varies depending on the cookie. You may delete permanent cookies at any time under the security settings of your web browser.
e) Data by other users and entities
Due to the nature and functionality of the website, News and Job vacancies shared by users (third party) will be published on the website without any liability on the website owners or the management team of the website.
“FinTech Egypt website may contain content contributed by its users. FinTech Egypt states that it has not verified or endorsed the content contributed by third parties and that the information provided by them is published at their own responsibility.
Once you logged in your user account on our website, as part of your professional activity, you will receive from Fintech Egypt email communications concerning Fintech services and newsletter.
You may opt out of receiving email communications anytime by following the instructions provided at the bottom of each email, clicking the “Unsubscribe” button at the bottom of emails we sent you; and/or by managing your preferences of our Fintech Egypt account profile on www.fintech-Egypt.com, and/or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Opting out of receiving communications will not prevent you from using the private section of Fintech Egypt website.
5. Access to and disclosure of Shared Information
Fintech Egypt doesn’t sell or resell any Shared Information. We share your Shared Information with Fintech Egypt members (Banks, Startups, Investors, Financial institutions…etc.) only if the user has accepted the Fintech Egypt data policy and confirm he/she allows Fintech Egypt to share Shared Information with third parties. Once content is provided to FinTech Egypt by users, FinTech Egypt retains the right to share this content, such as News, Jobs and similar user-generated content, on the website without referring back to the original users for consent.
6. Security of your Shared Information
a) Security of your Fintech Egypt account
Any individual can create a Fintech Egypt account by providing his/her information and setting a password for it. Such account enables the user to access FinTech Egypt services. User ID is the user professional email address. Password includes a minimum of 8 characters and has to include at least one lowercase letter (a), one uppercase letter (A), a number and a special symbol (@ # $ %...etc.) and is created by the user. The password is encrypted and saved in Fintech Egypt. Fintech Egypt cannot retrieve passwords for users. If the password is forgotten by the user, he or she needs to create and submit a new password and activate the account by clicking on the link contained in the received email.
b) Management of your Shared Information
You have a permanent right of access, rectification, opposition, erasure, restriction and portability to all your Shared Information, in accordance with The Egyptian Laws of data protection and regulations.
1. Unless stated otherwise in this Disclaimer, the information on FinTech Egypt website is provided to you on an “AS IS” basis without any warranty of any kind and is provided for a general, indicative purpose only. FinTech Egypt does not make any express or implied warranty as to the accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, reliability, security and timeliness to such content. FinTech Egypt will not be liable for any faults in, omissions from, or misstatements or misrepresentations (whether express or implied) concerning any such information, and will not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever for any loss, destruction or damage (including without limitation consequential loss, destruction or damage) arising from or in respect of any use or misuse of or reliance on the information delivered on or inability to use our website.
2. FinTech Egypt is not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of or in connection with any information on FinTech-Egypt.com. FinTech Egypt reserves the right to omit, suspend or edit all information compiled by FinTech Egypt on FinTech-Egypt.com at any time in its sole discretion without giving any reason or prior notice. You are responsible for making your own assessment of all information contained on the website and shall verify such information by making reference, for example, to original publications and obtaining independent advice before acting upon it.